Dear Classmates, Alumni, Teachers,
Family & Friends of St. Thomas,
Sister Mary Consuela taught at St. Thomas during the 50's. Unfortunately,
she won't be attending the reunion, but she told us that she would love
to hear from her former students. You may contact her at:
Mary Consuela, CSJ
if anyone knows the whereabouts of Father Wallace, please e-mail me with
his contact information.
458 Confirmed Attendees
More coming in every day!
Check the list of confirmed attendees on the website
to see who will be there.
Counting Down Fast!
Don’t miss this opportunity to get together with family
Once again, here’s the information for the event:
St. Thomas Aquinas Alumni Reunion
Dinner & Dance
Date: Saturday, October 9, 2004
Time: 5:30pm - Mass
Big Surprise at
Don’t miss it
6:30pm - School walk-though
7pm to 11pm - Alumni Dance
Where: The Church Basement
We will be setting up
in the back of the church
Starting at 4:30pm
to hand out nametags,
so come early, and hang out with your friends before mass.
You remember those days
– don’t cha?
There have been many different questions that have come our way regarding
seating, parking, dress code, etc. I hope this next section will help
to answer these and any other questions you may have.
- Please take a taxi, car service,
or public transportation if you can. The upside is that you won’t have
to worry about how much you drink.
- If you have to drive, please car pool
with friends, come early and try to find a space on the street.
If you drive and cannot
find a parking space
- There will be parking available in the schoolyard
- entrance on the 7th Street side. We can accommodate approximately
80 cars, which is not a lot considering the number of attendees. The
cost will be five dollars ($5) per car to cover the cost of the parking
attendants. It will be a park and lock situation. The attendants will
stay there to keep watch on the cars in the lot.
- There will be no assigned
seating. However we will designate Class Years at the tables so you
know where to meet your friends.
- We will have nametags for everyone
- The church basement will be decorated and set up like
a School Dance
- There is no mandatory dress code.
I will be coming in a suit and tie and I know many others who will be
getting dressed up, but what you wear is entirely up to you.
- There will be a Buffet set up on both the top and bottom levels of
the basement, as well as tables and chairs for seating
- The bar – beer, wine, soda and water – will
be on the top level
- We will also have an area set up in the parking way on 8th Street,
for those of you who want to get some fresh air and/or catch a smoke
We will have music provided
by our DJ, Tony Carbone.
- We will have a table set up in the basement to sell the raffle tickets.
raffle will be to raise additional
for the church and school
We now have two Grand Prizes
days and 2 nights
Harrah’s of Las Vegas
2 tickets to the Clint Holmes Show
The Grand Prizes include airfare
Tickets will be sold that night.
$1 per ticket or $10 for a book of 11.
Tickets will also be sold throughout
the parish and will continue on sale until Thanksgiving Eve, when the
drawing will take place in the church basement after mass.
Once again, it’s time to acknowledge the other alumni and friends of St.
Thomas who are helping to make this First Annual St. Thomas Alumni Reunion
a huge success by going out of their way to call and e-mail other friends
and classmates. And thanks to those who have volunteered for other reunion
jobs. They are:
• Thomas Knight (1940)
• Kathleen “Bunny” Spruyt (1957)
• Jim O'Connor (1957)
• Rosemary (Lane) Wehr (1961)
• Paul Deceglie (1962)
• Toni (Bove) Monteleone (1962)
• Charlie Bambino (1963)
• Phil Cimino (1963) – Can’t thank him enough
• Lou Gerbino (1963)
• Katherine Gillespie (1963)
• Irene (Conwell) Johnson (1963)
• Susan (Mazurek) Maloney (1963) – Hotel Accomadations
• Natalie (McLeer) Mangiarano (1963) – Decorations
• Linda (Di Marco) Miskevich (1963) – Found us our DJ
• Kathy Schaetzle (1963) – Assisting us in locating other sisters
• Regina (Faga) Carpenter (1964)
• Maureen (Moran) DiFilippe (1965) – Name tags
• Eileen (Bove) Leverich (1967)
• Carol (Pisapia) Colon (1968)
• John Cona (1968) – Mr. Excitement – phone calls & more
• Jackie (Whelan) Martin (1969) - Big Mover & Shaker
• Nancymary (Faga) Tierney (1970)
• Patricia (O'Connell) Mouzayck (1973)
If I have forgotten anyone, please forgive me. My mind just ain’t what
it used to be.
And special thanks to:
• Jim Sanfilippo for creating and maintaining our fantastic website, in
spite of the fact that he is on the DL.
• Dorothy Negron, St. Thomas’ incredible church secretary. There is absolutely
no way that this is happening without her.
• Denis Hamill for writing about us in the Daily News. Check out the story,
if you haven’t already at:
Our website is www.stareunion.com
You can get tons of info, like class photos, bio, an e-mail contact page
and the attendee page on the site.
the way, the E-mail Contact Page is password protected.
The password is - (Contact me or Jim Sanfilippo to get
I have also been speaking to many of the sisters and priests who taught
us over the years and many will be attending. Check out the website under
HONORED GUESTS on the ATTENDEE PAGE.
Please help us make the Alumni Reunion a huge success and give
something back to a great parish.
Confirm your attendance by sending St. Thomas a check, today.
All proceeds, after expenses will go to St. Thomas
Coordinating an event like this takes a lot of time and work and we need
to confirm with the caterer so the church can order the food and drinks.
Thomas needs our support
We would also appreciate you passing this information on to any other
friends or family that you know who graduated from St. Thomas.
Well, that’s all for now. I look forward to seeing you on October 9th
6050 Canterbury Drive
Culver City, CA 90230